Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hallowed By Thy Name

The beginning of the Lord's Prayer is, "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name..." God is holy. We revere and honor him. It good to begin our prayer with an acknowledgment of the awesomeness of God. Specifically we are instructed to give glory to the NAME of God.

I am know by many names. I am Stan, Stanley (only a few can call me this, because it is NOT my real name), Dad, Padre, Pastor, Mr. Saunders, Honey, and a few more. Each name reveals a different aspect of who I am. It is the same with God.

Without boring you with the Hebrew and every scripture reference, let me share with you a few of God's names. He is Almighty, The Most High, Self-Existant One. He also declares himself to be Provider, Healer, My Victory, My Shepherd, Peace, Love, Always There. By worshipping the name of God, I become more aware of his attributes. I have more faith to receive those same benefits.

Next time you pray, before you start on your requests, how about hallowing the his mighty name?

Peace,

Stan

No comments: