Monday, April 28, 2008

Black and White

Some of us have been discussing the question, "Is it a black & white world? Or, it is more grey?" On the surface, it seems easy to say. Right is right and wrong is wrong. Sin is sin, etc. But, should I always tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me, God?

What about the proverbial, "does this dress make me look fat" question? Can I tell the part of the truth that will not hurt the other's feelings? Do I have a close and secure enough relationship with the other person to tell them things they might not want to hear? Can something be wrong for me, but OK for my friend? Take, for example, the fact that John the Baptist was forbidden to drink wine. Yet, Jesus drank wine and turned water into wine. I guess we must "work out our own salvation with fear and trembling." Also, it is a good idea to let God judge others. I have enough to do judging my own self!

We struggle with the balance between reaching out to at risk students and providing a safe and sane atmosphere for our church kids. How much do we go after lost young people without losing the already saved? This is a grey question. What is the answer? We are to seek and to save the lost. We should leave the 99 and go after the one lost sheep. Yet, we are to train our children in the way they should go.

2 Timothy 3:1 (NLT) "You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times." We certainly live in these difficult days. The answers are not so easy. I believe it will take extrordinary faith to overcome the difficulties of this world. I believe, now more than ever, we must be directed by the leadership of the Holy Spirit. God will help us find the answer we are looking to find. We will make some mistakes along the way.

My heart, and I believe yours, is to please God in all my ways. His Word will light the path I need to walk on.

Peace,

Stan

No comments: