Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring

I experienced Spring this past weekend. I heard someone predict a few weeks ago that we would go straight from Winter to Summer, skipping Spring altogether. So, obviously I was concerned! I like Spring. I like the warm weather, thunderstorms, flowers blooming and trees budding. I is like rebirth.

I mowed the yard on Saturday. It was the first day the mower was out of the old barn this year. Someone, probably me, left the key on the mower. So, the battery was dead. After a jump, I was off to the races, so to speak. The smell of fresh cut grass was exilerating. I helped Laine, my 15 year old son, mow another yard later in the day. After mowing, we played tennis. It was a great day.

Saturday night concluded with the Junior/Senior Prom. This is the ultimate Spring event. Boys and girls in their late teens getting all gussied up. We watched every one of them parade on to the stage to be announced to the crowd. It was a gala event. Prom is so much fun that no one wants it to end. Several students came over to our house until the wee hours of Sunday morning.

Sunday morning was great. Several guests visited the church. People made life changing decisions. 65 new people stayed to have lunch with the church staff. The meal was delicious, prepared by Stephanie Thieme and family.

By Sunday afternoon I was tuckered out. I stretched out on the deck OUTSIDE and took a nap. My face is all glowing with a tan this morning. It was so nice feeling the warm sun beating down on my prostrate body. After our nap, Michelle and I walked over to visit with the neighbors. We sat on the patio talking and watching the kids bounce on the trampoline. We capped off the afternoon with a game of tennis. Sunday night's meal was leftover hamburgers that we had grilled out Saturday afternoon.

I am sure glad we didn't have to skip Spring. It is a wonderful time of the year.

Peace,

Stan

No comments: