Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Changes

Ch-ch-ch-changes. We all want to grow and progress in live. BUT, we seldom want to change. We want "things" to change. WE just don't want to have to change anything. I have found that if I want "things" to change I have to change. I will have to change what I am doing, saying, who I am associating with, etc.

Some changes are forced upon us. We just lost our youth and music pastors, JD and Jame Swilley. They have been with us for seven years. They did a wonderful job. I did not want anything to change. Guess what, "Life happens!" They now live in Colorado. My kids are growing up and moving away from home. I don't like that either. Whitney lives in Tulsa. Morgan leaves on Monday for Thailand! I am glad for them, and sad for me.

Ch-ch-ch-changes. We should embrace change. It is part of life. If our children don't grow up and sprout their wings and fly, then there is a big problem. This change is good and healthy, even if it is painful for the parents.

If my financial situation is going to change, I might have to make changes. If my marriage is going to change, I will have to make changes. If I am going to be more healthy, I will have to make changes. Change, grow, live!

Peace,

Stan

No comments: