Saturday, January 10, 2009

Write the Vision

For several years I have written out goals in my journal at the beginning of each year. It is fascinating how many of these goals have come true.Habakkuk 2:2 - 3 reads, "Then the LORD said to me, “Write the vision plainly on tablets, so that a runner can carry the correct message to others. This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."

In 1953 researchers polled the graduating class of Yale University and found that 3% of the graduates practiced goal setting and had a set of clearly defined written goals. 1n 1973 researchers went back and visited the class of ’53 and found that the 3% of the graduates who had the clear and written goals had amassed a fortune worth more that the other 97% combined!

Goals need to be written in detail. They should be written in positive statements, not negative ones. Positive choices will reduce and/or eliminate the negative ones.

Goals should be set high enough. Shoot for the moon. If you miss you’ll still be in the stars. Goals should stretch you. Isaiah 54:2 - 3, "Make your tent bigger. Stretch it out and make it wider. Do not hold back. Make the ropes longer. Make its stakes stronger. Do this because you will begin growing very much. Your children will take over other nations. And they will again live in cities that once were destroyed."

I keep my goals in my DayTimer. I also post them in my place of prayer at home. Goals need attention to be fulfilled. I meditate on my goals often. To keep a person's heart pure, we should seek to be a blessing, not to be successful.

Write your goals and watch them come true.

Peace,
Stan

No comments: